Local Youth Community Engagement Program
APYD will partner with youth organizations in target communities to bring the online conference, OFFLINE, and increase community engagement on the conference topics.
- In communities, youth will design a day of social
media, webinars, livestreams and community activities to kick-off this
- Youth organizations outside the target communities
can join in the conference day through the online workshops and live
- Community partners will bring together groups of young
people in their community to discuss youth issues and share best practices
from a youth perspective.
- A Youth Challenge(s) will be chosen by the APYDCON Core
Community's Youth Leaders.
- Youth Leaders will research and design a short workshop
on a national issue and how it impacts their community, youth and
will provide support in designing youth workshops, developing strategy to
address it and recruiting and engaging youth in Youth Day.
- After an online workshop, local teams and community
partners will discuss and work on their challenge and share their ideas
and strategies in an online community discussion center and breakout
- Youth Leaders will host a Google+ Hangout sharing the
issues, ideas and strategies that were developed by community partners
across the country.
- The schedule allows conversations to occur offline
locally, online regionally and online nationally.